Our Anchorage studio on G street is available for individual and small group sessions. If you own a business or studio within the Anchorage area, then we’re happy to come to you for consultations. We also offer online teleconference options for those who don’t live nearby.
Your health and wellbeing is of the utmost importance to us. Margi is a certified tele-health provider and is conducting individual and group therapy sessions online. Click here to book an appointment. We’re sending love to everyone who is impacted by this deadly virus and while most studio classes are suspended, we are also offering some classes online. Please check the event calendar to see what’s scheduled.
Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we deal with this unexpected crisis. May you be well.
Until we know more, here is some salve for a worried mind.
We interweave evidence-based, professional counseling with positive psychology, neuroscience, and optimum wellness practices, including yoga, meditation, and breathwork. We work with clients from all walks of life and are particularly passionate about offering mindfulness therapy to anyone experiencing symptoms of burnout or compassion fatigue.
If you need someone to talk to, believe you have a diagnosable mental or emotional health condition, or have experienced trauma on any scale – then you’re a candidate for holistic therapy sessions.
We do accept all major forms of health insurance. Search “Yoga for Mental Health” or “Margi Clifford” in your insurance database to see if we’re in your network or call our office at 1-907-277-YOGA and we’ll check for you.
Health and Wellness Coaching
“Margi did a great job of helping me pick yoga exercises and positions that were comfortable for me to do with my rheumatoid arthritis. She made it fun and easy!”
Wellness coaching is for individuals who want to establish healthier daily habits. It’s not a form of therapy. Therefore, it’s best-suited for clients who do not have a diagnosable mental or emotional health condition or are already working with a licensed professional. Coaching offers a gentle nudge and a compassionate guide on your journey to optimum health. (This service is not billable to health insurance.)
Instead, it includes:
- Personalized yoga practices built around your unique physical and mental state.
- Assignments and goal setting tailored to your personal schedule and long-term goals.
- Healthy, seasonal recipes for a well-rounded diet.
- Gentle accountability to help you stay on track.
- Meditation and mindfulness exercises to establish greater clarity and peace of mind.
- Proven therapeutic techniques for maintaining healthier habits.
- Mentorship and coaching to help you find your soul’s path.
- Help establishing healthy boundaries to prevent burnout and make space for personal development.
- Options for peer-to-peer connections and support.
- Regular contact with a coach
$125 for a 45-minute consultation.
$2,500 for a 3-month package, which includes 10 hours of direct contact with your coach.
*To give our coaching clients our utmost attention, we accept a very limited number of new coaching clients per season.
Not quite ready for coaching?
Take a simple step toward better health by joining us at yoga class!
Consultations for a Healthy Workplace
Are you a business leader or service provider who wants to promote greater health and well-being at work? We help establish healthy workplace initiatives for …
- Business owners who want to improve health and wellness offerings at their workplace. Services could include office yoga, meditation before meetings, trauma therapy for at-risk employees, and other tools for a healthy work culture.
- Human resource professionals working to recognize symptoms of workplace exhaustion and compassion fatigue. We offer holistic training so the emotional pillars of your organization are better prepared to offer mindful, heart-centered support.
- Therapists or yoga studios who want to expand their wellness offerings or gain better clarity about the type of clients they wish to see. We’re particularly passionate about consultations related to yoga therapy, compassion fatigue, trauma therapy, and therapy for women’s mental health.
- Professional teams who need help finding better work-life balance and establishing healthy boundaries.
- Individuals working in high-risk, emotionally draining settings, like nurses, parents, teachers, and doctors. We’ll provide you with the right tools and training to recognize, prevent, and heal workplace trauma and compassion fatigue.
$190 intro rate for emerging professionals (pre-licensed or students)
$250 for professional consultation (executive coaching) for individuals
$500 for a 90-minute consultation for groups up to 15 employees
$750 for a 90-minute consultation for groups up to 50 employees
$1,250 for a 90-minute consultation for groups up to 150 employees
$1,500 for a 90-minute consultation for groups up to 250 employees
Public Speaking and Workplace Training
Our Founder, Margi Clifford, speaks locally and internationally. She shares the life-changing techniques she’s learned as a holistic therapist and yoga practitioner. With a lighthearted style and gentle heart, Margi presents current research and proven techniques related to:
- Burnout prevention in the workplace
- Establishing healthy boundaries for personal growth
- Mental health in the workplace
- Creating healthy workplace initiatives
- Mindfulness exercises to promote health and well-being
- Recognizing compassion fatigue and tips for working through it
- The risks and effects of vicarious trauma
- Self-care techniques for a busy schedule
- How physiology affects our interaction with the world
- Solutions: How do we make our goals come true?
- Establishing a greater sense of belonging, connection, and purpose
- Margi is always open to brainstorming additional presentation topics based on your interests and needs!
Prices vary from $500 to $2,500 for a 1- to 6-hour keynote, breakout, or workshop session for up to 100 people. Please contact us to inquire about larger groups or to schedule your session.
Clinical Supervision for Licenced Counselors
Margi has been a board-approved supervisor for licensed professional counselor candidates since 2009. We offer clinical supervision and training for licensed counselors working toward 3,000 required hours of supervised experience. In addition to attending clinic hours, you’ll meet with Margi at least once a month to review notes and cases and receive feedback.
Contact us about upcoming availability for counselor supervision and training.
Yoga Teacher Training
“Margi creates a very safe learning environment where you can challenge yourself individually. I’m very pleased with this opportunity and grateful for the experience.”
“Margi is a great example of how to teach with kindness and with respect for the abilities and limitations of the body.”
Our Founder, Margi Clifford, is a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP). Registered Yoga Teachers (RYTs) who take courses through Margi, including her studio classes and yoga retreats, can rest assured knowing that their time counts toward meeting their Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Requirements.
Margi’s students will tell you that she’s an “acutely aware and patient instructor” with “a gentle touch.” Her classes are “fun, lighthearted, and encouraging” with a “sophisticated style.”
Our teacher training program includes weekend and week-long intensives, in addition to a series of electives. This system gives students maximum flexibility to meets their scheduling needs and professional goals. Courses may be taken independently, or they can be combined to form a comprehensive certification program. Margi has been training yoga teachers since 2007. She has been the lead teacher for Registered Yoga Teacher certification programs since 2015. Yoga for Mental Health is a Registered Yoga School that currently offers both 200- and 300-hour teacher training programs.
Contact us today to learn more about yoga teacher training.