We interweave evidence-based, professional counseling with positive psychology, neuroscience, and optimum wellness practices, including yoga, meditation, and breathwork. We work with clients from all walks of life and are particularly passionate about offering mindfulness therapy to anyone experiencing symptoms of burnout or compassion fatigue.
If you need someone to talk to, believe you have a diagnosable mental or emotional health condition, or have experienced trauma on any scale – then you’re a candidate for holistic therapy sessions.
We do accept all major forms of health insurance. Search “Yoga for Mental Health” or “Margi Clifford” in your insurance database to see if we’re in your network or call our office at 1-907-277-YOGA and we’ll check for you.
Wellness coaching is for individuals who want to establish healthier daily habits. It’s not a form of therapy. Therefore, it’s best-suited for clients who do not have a diagnosable mental or emotional health condition or are already working with a licensed professional. Coaching offers a gentle nudge and a compassionate guide on your journey to optimum health. (This service is not billable to health insurance.)
Instead, it includes:
- Personalized yoga practices built around your unique physical and mental state.
- Assignments and goal setting tailored to your personal schedule and long-term goals.
- Healthy, seasonal recipes for a well-rounded diet.
- Gentle accountability to help you stay on track.
- Meditation and mindfulness exercises to establish greater clarity and peace of mind.
- Proven therapeutic techniques for maintaining healthier habits.
- Mentorship and coaching to help you find your soul’s path.
- Help establishing healthy boundaries to prevent burnout and make space for personal development.
- Options for peer-to-peer connections and support.
- Regular contact with a coach
Not quite ready for coaching? Take a simple step toward better health by joining us for a yoga class!
Margi did a great job of helping me pick yoga exercises and positions that were comfortable for me to do with my rheumatoid arthritis. She made it fun and easy!
Healthy Workplace Consultations
Are you a business leader or service provider who wants to promote greater health and well-being at work? We help establish healthy workplace initiatives for …
- Business owners who want to improve health and wellness offerings at their workplace. Services could include office yoga, meditation before meetings, trauma therapy for at-risk employees, and other tools for a healthy work culture.
- Human resource professionals working to recognize symptoms of workplace exhaustion and compassion fatigue. We offer holistic training so the emotional pillars of your organization are better prepared to offer mindful, heart-centered support.
- Therapists or yoga studios who want to expand their wellness offerings or gain better clarity about the type of clients they wish to see. We’re particularly passionate about consultations related to yoga therapy, compassion fatigue, trauma therapy, and therapy for women’s mental health.
- Professional teams who need help finding better work-life balance and establishing healthy boundaries.
- Individuals working in high-risk, emotionally draining settings, like nurses, parents, teachers, and doctors. We’ll provide you with the right tools and training to recognize, prevent, and heal workplace trauma and compassion fatigue.
Public Speaking & Workplace Training
Our Founder, Margi Clifford, speaks locally and internationally. She shares the life-changing techniques she’s learned as a holistic therapist and yoga practitioner. With a lighthearted style and gentle heart, Margi presents current research and proven techniques related to:
- Burnout prevention in the workplace
- Establishing healthy boundaries for personal growth
- Mental health in the workplace
- Creating healthy workplace initiatives
- Mindfulness exercises to promote health and well-being
- Recognizing compassion fatigue and tips for working through it
- The risks and effects of vicarious trauma
- Self-care techniques for a busy schedule
- How physiology affects our interaction with the world
- Solutions: How do we make our goals come true?
- Establishing a greater sense of belonging, connection, and purpose
- Margi is always open to brainstorming additional presentation topics based on your interests and needs!
Margi has been a board-approved supervisor for licensed professional counselor candidates since 2009. We offer clinical supervision and training for licensed counselors working toward 3,000 required hours of supervised experience. In addition to attending clinic hours, you’ll meet with Margi at least once a month to review notes and cases and receive feedback.
Teacher Training & Continuing Education
Our Founder, Margi Clifford, is a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP). Registered Yoga Teachers (RYTs) who take courses through Margi, including her studio classes and yoga retreats, can rest assured knowing that their time counts toward meeting their Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Requirements.
Margi’s students will tell you that she’s an “acutely aware and patient instructor” with “a gentle touch.” Her classes are “fun, lighthearted, and encouraging” with a “sophisticated style.”
Our teacher training program includes weekend and week-long intensives, in addition to a series of electives. This system gives students maximum flexibility to meets their scheduling needs and professional goals. Courses may be taken independently, or they can be combined to form a comprehensive certification program. Margi has been training yoga teachers since 2007. She has been the lead teacher for Registered Yoga Teacher certification programs since 2015. Yoga for Mental Health is a Registered Yoga School that currently offers both 200- and 300-hour teacher training programs.
Margi creates a very safe learning environment where you can challenge yourself individually. I’m very pleased with this opportunity and grateful for the experience.
Margi is a great example of how to teach with kindness and with respect for the abilities and limitations of the body.
Classes & Courses
We offer a full spectrum of yoga, meditation, and mindfulness courses to help students find structure and support for practice. Certified instructors pursue continuing education to maintain credentials and we hold the highest standards related to these privileged positions.
Online courses are available on demand for students who like to practice independently. They are focused on specific areas of practice (like breathing) and include both video prompts and at-home exercises. These courses can be started at any time. Equinox and Solstice courses have the additional support of a calendar to follow and include opportunities to join livestream practices.
Livestream classes are the best way to connect with a teacher and community in real time. In addition, you can expect to learn and practice yoga postures and other techniques that help support well-being. Livestream classes are included in Yoga for Mental Health Membership and also available for drop-in. All you need is a good internet connection and the ability to login to Zoom to join. When you purchase a Membership or register for an individual class we will send you the link to join.
Yoga therapy groups are in-person at our home studio in Anchorage. These small groups are offered on a limited basis to pre-registered students. You must request and have a confirmed spot in a group to attend. Yoga therapy is an effective way to optimize physical, mental, and emotional health. With the focused attention of an experienced therapist in a small group you will find out how to maximize the benefits for your unique constitution and experience.
Yoga for Mental Health retreats are where we truly dive in to the heart of practice. Since 2006 we have been offering these unique opportunities to our community. Beautiful accommodations and magnificent food are our standard and each retreat leads us to greater appreciation. Interesting and thoughtful yogis gather, on behalf of all beings, to anchor to the benefits that we know that practice offers. Retreats support our practice by revealing what is possible. They delight our senses, clear the pathways of the mind/heart, spark our imaginations, and truly reveal the bliss that is here for us. Yoga for Mental Health Members get early bird registration opportunities. Retreats range from non-residential daylong and weekend retreats in Alaska to all inclusive overseas excursions.